Terms and Conditions relating to the private hire of the Maltings, Ely.
• 'Premises' means the Maltings.
• ' The term 'we' in this document means The Maltings - City of Ely Council.
• Hirer means the individual person or persons applying to use the Premises for themselves, or on behalf of any organisation. The term 'you' in this document means the user.
APPLICATION TO USE
1. You must complete our booking form to make a formal application for use. We may ask a nominee known to us to support your application.
2. You may not sub-let or assign the Premises.
3. You must not advertise your event at the Premises until we have accepted your booking.
4. We may refuse any application without needing to give a reason. USE OF PREMISES
1. You can exclusively use the rooms stated as agreed on your booking form / invoice. Use of the kitchen and equipment is by prior agreement with us.
2. You must make sure that no undesirable person is permitted to enter the Premises or otherwise make use of the same, and that nobody makes unreasonable use of the Premises or its facilities.
3. Your use of the Premises must not create excessive noise or any other nuisance to the neighbouring residents or other persons. You may be requested to complete and sign a noise management document which should be returned to the venue management prior to your event.
4. You must arrange any necessary licenses relating to your intended use of the Premises and accept all relevant statutory responsibilities for the event as agreed by the venue management.
5. You must make sure that nobody smokes or vapes in any part of the Premises.
6. If we ask you to, you must have registered SIA security staff at your event – dependant on event, this will be at your cost.
7. You must not use decorations of any sort at the Premises without our agreement. Any such decorations must be completely removed from the Premises at the end of each period of use. Bouncy castles are not permitted. We do not allow anything to be hung from high beams in main hall. No nails or glue should be used, or any fixtures which would damage the walls/any area of the building permanently or leaving residue marks (*see damage clause).
8. You must not interfere with any of our equipment within the Premises. You can bring you own equipment, such as amplifiers, lights, etc into the Premises if we have agreed to it. Your equipment will require an up to date Portable Appliance Test.
9. You must clean the premises after your hire and leave ‘as found’ with all decorations/rubbish etc removed.
PUBLIC SAFETY AND ACCESS
1. We, our agents, and any of the Emergency Services, can enter the Premises at any time without prior notice.
2. You must make sure the marked fire exits are operational and are kept clear at all times.
3. You must provide adequate first aid materials appropriate to your use of the Premises.
4. The maximum permitted number of persons allowed is as we agree on your application.
5. Risk Assessments must be carried out for your hire on request and you must reduce all hazards as appropriate.
6. You must familiarise yourself with the venues fire evacuation procedures on arrival and ensure your guests are briefed.
7. As the building is based in a residential area, you must ensure your guests leave quietly and in a respectful manner.
A booking can be held for a max of 7 days from first point of formal request; however these are cancelled automatically in our bookings diary if you have not confirmed with the required booking form and deposit payment within this time. This responsibility lies with you as the organiser.
Regular hirers may be afforded separate payment terms, i.e. weekly (min 30 bookings over 12 months) monthly hire (min 10 bookings over 12 months) or an annual booker over 3 years. This is discretionary and must be agreed with the Venue Manager during the booking process.
2. Payment of a 50 % deposit is due to confirm your booking and the remaining balance required 4 weeks before the event. If this is not received the hire will be cancelled. If the event is taking place within 4 weeks of the booking enquiry date, the full amount is due to secure the booking.
3. We will not increase your usage charge once you have paid your deposit even if we subsequently decide to increase our charges generally.
4. The prices quoted for all rooms are in accordance with the current tariffs.
5. Cheques should be made payable to the City of Ely Council and sent to the address on the booking form.
6.All bookings have a min of 2 hours hire. CANCELLATION
1. Failure to make payments by required deadlines will result in the immediate suspension of the booking; with further bookings being refused until all arrears have been cleared
2. All cancellations must be received in writing. If cancellations are made the following charges will apply: -
Less than 1 week before event date - 100% of event costs 1 to 2 weeks before event date - 85% of event costs
3 to 6 weeks before event date - 50% of event costs
7 to 10 weeks before event date - 25% of event costs 3.Change of Date
Once a booking has been confirmed, any change of date may result in forfeiture of the booking deposit. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate changes in date, the provision of rooms, equipment and other requirements cannot be guaranteed.
4. We reserve the right to cancel your booking, at short notice, due to any unforeseen circumstances, or if we believe for any reason the venue to be unsafe for use for any reason to the public – In this case we would issue you with a full refund, but that would be the limit of liability to you.
INDEMNITY AND INSURANCE
1. We will not be responsible for the loss, theft of or damage to property belonging to you or any person attending the Premises.
2. You must indemnify and keep us and our agents from and against all claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions or demands whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with the hire of the Premises.
3. We will hold you responsible for the costs of any necessary repairs to the Premises/replacement of equipment, or industrial cleaning required, arising from your use, including any consequential losses, should the Premises be unusable as a result of your hire.
4. We may request copies of your Public Liability Insurance before accepting a booking. This must be a minimum of £2 million
TERMINATION OF USE
If you do not comply with one or more of these conditions or our instructions or requests, then we can exclude you or any person in the Premises from the Premises, with immediate effect until you do comply, but this will not relieve you from any obligations under these conditions. You must only use the Premises for the purpose(s) we have agreed to, and we reserve the right, if we believe your use is improper, unseemly or undesirable, by immediately terminating your booking without payment of any compensation or refund of any payments made by you to us.
COMMENTS / COMPLAINTS
Any comments or complaints should be made to the Duty Manager at the time of your event to allow us opportunity to resolve and investigate at the time. We appreciate all feedback to enable us to continue to deliver a high standard of service, and welcome feedback of all types.
CARPARKING – LOADING/UNLOADING
We are only able to offer space for parking for up to FOUR vehicles in total (including catering and any externals parties you are using) at the rear of the venue in a small staff parking area, if space is available. These vehicles should ideally be agreed in advance of your booking date, and the manager on duty will issue a permit on arrival which should be displayed clearly in the front window of the vehicle. Vehicles are able to unload at the front of the building from the access road, but should not block the main entrance doors, and should not be longer than 20 minutes unloading (only one vehicle at a time).
FOOD AND DRINK
The Maltings reserves the right to be sole supplier of all alcohol, food and other drinks and consumables. We are able to tailor packages and wine lists to most events. Own alcohol may only be brought into venue for seated meals inthe main hall, and as wine at the table only – this must be agreed in advance during the booking process and will be checked on arrival with the Duty Manager.A corkage fee will apply.
We provide catering options for meetings etc – however should you choose to employ an external caterer for your event, we will need to agree this in advance during the booking stage, and will require copy of the company’s Food Hygiene certification, along with a copy of their public liability insurance certificate and Food and Safety Management Systems.